The Tipping Point Conference 7-9 May 2014
Announcing, quite possibly, the best ever NRM conference to be staged in WA!
The Natural Resource Management network of WA together with major partner, Regional Development Australia, invite you to participate in a conference with a difference!
The Tipping Point Conference highlights a key concept in the work of natural resource management:
Small things can make a big difference when working with people and the environment.
People are the key managers and sustainable users of our landscapes so the health of our places very much depends on people and their capacity.
The Tipping Point theme was inspired by Malcolm Gladwell's book "The Tipping Point".
Call for abstracts close 10 March
Submissions of abstracts for either a poster or oral presentation are welcomed under the following themes.
1. Market drivers - how to use them more effectively
2. Farm & forestry - preparing for a new era
3. Using technology to win interest and create change
4. Resilience and building community capacity
5. Asset Managers stories of change: The drivers, the obstacles, the solutions
6. Mining and community: Green tape, good times
7. Sustainable and liveable environments
8. Indigenous engagement
When thinking about the eight conference themes we invite you to consider them in the context of Natural Resource Management and the overall theme of the tipping point.
Submissions close 10 March 2014
Visit the conference website nrmconferencewa.com.au