Community Gardens Grants 2015-16
Applications for 2015/2016 will close 17 December 2015.
When people come together through community gardening they improve community connections, learn new skills and share physical, social and nutritional benefits.
Community gardens provide the opportunity for greater understanding to develop between neighbours, parents, young people and people from other cultures.
$400,000 is available over four years to assist with the establishment or development of community gardens in local communities.
Projects funded through the grants will allow community members to:
- more fully participate in community life
- connect with the environment and other people
- use their skills and give back to the community.
Funding of up to $20,000 for new gardens and up to $10,000 for existing gardens is available for each project.
Some ideas of what the grants can be used for include:
- garden feasibility, planning and design
- development of policies and manuals
- training, workshops and other events at your garden
- community engagement strategies and projects
- advertising and promotion including signage
- building the capacity of the community garden sector and volunteers
- evaluation of your garden and its programs
- infrastructure (i.e. reticulation, fencing)
- soil, mulch, compost, etc.
Click here for grant guidelines and application form.
For more information contact Mervyn Teow, Senior Grants Officer on (08) 6552 1635 or email email@example.com.