State NRM program grant rounds opened
- Two grant rounds to support community projects
- More than $4 million committed in 2016-17 towards natural resource management
- Made possible by a $3.28 million Liberal National Government Royalties for Regions investment
The State Government has pledged more than $4 million in 2016-17
for community groups to undertake important environmental
Agriculture and Food Minister Dean Nalder said funding through the Natural Resource Management (NRM) grants program was available to groups including schools, not-for-profit organisations, local government and environmental action groups.
"Local community groups can apply for grants of between $5,000 and $55,000 as part of the 2016-17 Community Action Grant round totalling $4 million to support important natural resource management activities," he said.
In addition, $100,000 is available in the 2016-17 Community Capability Grant round for small projects between $1,000 and $10,000 which can be implemented over the next 12 months.
Mr Nalder said more than 200 groups and organisations throughout Western Australia had already achieved impressive results with the support of State NRM program funding.
Regional Development Minister Terry Redman said he was pleased
to see Royalties for Regions invest $3.28 million in these
community grant rounds.
"The Community Action Grant in particular supports local decision-making, enabling communities to undertake on-ground works that are vital to their local area and encourage their continued involvement in the initiative," Mr Redman said.
"Regional WA is home to many of the State's natural resources and it is important we invest in maintaining and enhancing our diverse assets for the benefit of all West Australians."
- The grants are part of a $24 million funding commitment over three years towards State Natural Resource Management, which includes a $19.2 million Royalties for Regions investment.
- Online applications for the grants are now open
- Two community grant rounds are available: the Community Action Grant for on-ground works and the Community Capability Grant (Small) to build capacity, improve governance and foster innovation
- Applications for Community Action Grants close at noon on Monday, September 5, 2016 and Small Community Capability Grants projects close at noon on Monday May 29, 2017 but may close earlier if fully subscribed
- Click here to read the Ministers' media announcement.