Vote for your WA Landcare champion in the 2016 People's Choice Award
There are nine outstanding WA Landcare champions across nine
categories that make up this year's National Landcare Awards 69
All finalists are also in the running to win the People's Choice Award.
The People's Choice Award winner will be presented to the finalist who receives the most votes from the general public in the lead-up to the 2016 National Landcare Awards, which take place in Melbourne on Thursday, 22 September 2016.
Vote for your favourite WA Landcare champion today!
- Rhonda Williams is representing WA in the Australian Government Individual Landcarer Award category.
- Southampton Homestead is representing WA in the Australian Government Innovation in Sustainable Farm Practices Award category.
- Jill Richardson is representing WA in the Australian Government Landcare Facilitator or Coordinator Award category.
- South East Regional Centre for Urban Landcare is representing WA in the Australian Government Partnerships with Landcare Award category.
- West Coastcare (Inc) is representing WA in the Coastcare Award category.
- Blackwood Basin Group is representing WA in the Fairfax Media Landcare Community Group Award category.
- Woolkabunning Kiaka INC is representing WA in the Indigenous Land Corporation Indigenous Landcare Award category.
- Esperance Senior High School Bush Rangers Cadets are representing WA in the Junior Landcare Team Award category.
- Ella Maesepp is representing WA in the Manpower Young Landcare Leader Award category.
The Landcare movement is made up of approximately 4,000 Landcare and 2,000 Coastcare volunteer groups across Australia that work on environmental projects in their local communities. The groups that fall under the Landcare umbrella are varied in nature and don't necessarily include Landcare in their names, including productive farming groups, 'Friends of', Bushcare, Coastcare, Rivercare, and Dunecare. Landcare also includes farmers embracing sustainable farm management and any community group that partakes in volunteer environmental activities