Councils & committees
Natural resource management policy making in Western Australia is influenced by the Natural Resource Management Senior Officers Group.
NRM Senior Officers Group
The Natural Resource Management Senior Officers Group (NRM-SOG) consists of the Executive Directors (or equivalent) from Western Australian Government departments involved in natural resource management activities.
NRM-SOG provides inter-departmental leadership on natural resource management issues and helps coordinate issues that involve several departments and regional delivery across Western Australia. The group also develops inter-departmental strategic policy on issues relating to natural resource management and provides advice to Chief Executives.
The NRM-SOG is represented by directors from the following departments:
- Department of Primary Industries and Regional Development-Agriculture and Food, Western Australia (chair)
- Department of Biodiversity, Conservation and Attractions
- Department for Planning, Lands and Heritage
- Department of Premier and Cabinet
- Department of Water and Environmental Regulation
- Department of Treasury and Finance (Ex-officio member)
- Forest Products Commission
- Swan River Trust