12096: Riparian protection and revegetation on Omaru and Carragaline properties in Manywater’s catchment
This project aims to demonstrate the importance of riparian vegetation protection and enhancement in the fight against dryland salinity.
Riparian areas will be fenced and revegetated across two properties that contain tributaries that feed into Kylie Reserve.
Kylie Reserve is a national heritage listed reserve that contains rare flora and fauna and Aboriginal cultural sites. Flooding from uncontrolled surface water run-off from the two properties is transporting silt and weed seeds into the reserve.
Fencing and revegetation activities will:
- create a continuous buffer of vegetation around important waterways
- create a series of corridors across both properties
- link with large remnants on neighbouring properties
- link with existing self-funded revegetation projects
- provide linkages for flora and fauna.
|Investment:||$ 35 000|
|Delivery organisation:||Shire of West Arthur|
|Project duration:||March 2013 - October 2014|
|Location:||Manywaters catchment on the property known as Maudine Hills (formerly Carragiline and Omaru)|