12117: Yellagonga Regional Park Woodvale revegetation enhancement
Lake Joondalup in the Yellagonga Regional Park is a popular recreational destination for local residents. It's also a breeding ground for migratory and local water birds and endangered tortoises, and provides habitat for the endangered Carnabys Black Cockatoo.
Large areas of habitat around the lake have been cleared and weeds have become a problem in these areas and in existing vegetation and streams that feed the lake.
This project aims to:
- restore and enhance habitat of the Carnaby cockatoo
- improve water quality in the lake.
- revegetating the southern end of the lake with 200 native trees
- removing weeds currently blocking feed-in streams
- installing seats for visitors to appreciate the lake.
|Investment:||$ 10 000|
|Delivery organisation:||Woodvale Waters Land Owners Association Inc|
|Project duration:||April 2013 - March 2014|
|Location:||Yellagonga Regional Park, Woodvale|
Department of Parks and Wildlife; Friends of Yellagonga Regional Park