13035: Rehabilitation and protection of jarrah forest at Glen Forrest Primary School
Glen Forrest Primary School is surrounded by jarrah forest.
Remnant vegetation at the school contains more than 140 local plant species (including one Declared Rare Flora) and provides a link to nearby Nyaania Creek, the Glen Forrest Superblock, and the Glen Forrest Conservation Area.
This project aims to be a working example of sustainable Landcare to the local community and aims to increase community knowledge of biodiversity and ecosystems.
- removal of woody and herbaceous weeds
- revegetation of a seasonally wet ditch and remnant understories
- installation of a dieback cleaning station and interpretive signs
- development of a weed and native plant list
- educational events including community walks.
|Investment:||$ 17 688|
|Delivery organisation:||Glen Forrest Primary School|
|Project duration:||January 2014 - December 2015|
|Location:||Glen Forrest Primary School in the Shire of Mundaring|