13051: Fern Road East and Mills Street Stream project
Mills Street Stream plays an important role in reducing the amount of nutrient, sediment, and litter entering downstream wetlands and the Canning River.
Weed problems at the site are enormous.
The site links to nearby areas that have already been restored and has the potential to provide a vegetation corridor between these sites and buffer between a busy road and cycle path and the Wilson Lagoon.
Project activities include:
- weed control
- removal of litter
Project aims are to:
- increase the number and diversity of native plant species
- increase food and shelter for local fauna
- provide a buffer between Wilson Lagoon and a busy street and housing
- reduce the volume of weeds and weed seeds entering waterways
- reduce the amount of litter at the site
- reduce the amount of nutrients entering the wetlands and river system
- showcase the value of revegetation and conservation to the public.
|Investment:||$ 26 600|
|Delivery organisation:||Wilson Wetlands Action Group|
|Project duration:||February 2014 - December 2015|
|Location:||Canning River Regional Park in Wilson|