13062: Tackling Weeds of National Significance in the Ashburton catchment
The Ashburton catchment is home to three Weeds of National Significance - Bellyache bush, Mesquite and Parkinsonia.
The weeds are limited in their distribution across the landscape but impact on townships, pastoral leases, indigenous communities and tourist destinations.
Cross-tenure partnerships to manage these weeds are imperative.
This project will:
- develop and implement control programs for the three weeds
- develop a management plan for Bellyache bush
- conduct ground surveys and eradicate all known Bellyache bush from the catchment
- train local parks and garden services in identifying and removing any future occurrences of Bellyache bush
- continue active Mesquite and Parkinsonia control programs
- provide public information targeted at removal of garden occurrences of significant weeds.
|Investment:||$ 50 000|
|Delivery organisation:||Pilbara Mesquite Management Committee Inc|
|Project duration:||March 2014 - March 2015|
|Location:||Lower Ashburton catchment around Pannawonica and Onslow|