13089: Geographe Primary School - the outdoor classroom
This project will rehabilitate the last remaining area of remnant bushland on the grounds of Geographe Primary School and within it create an 'outdoor classroom'.
Rehabilitation works aim to enhance habitat for the local ringtail possum and other plant and animal species. They also offer the school community opportunity to engage with the local Landcare industry and participate in the management of remnant vegetation.
Activities of the project include:
- seed collection and planting in cooperation with a local Landcare nursery
- planting, weeding and general maintenance of the bushland
- engaging with community members to source nesting boxes for possums
- engaging with local Aboriginal artists to source artwork for the classroom
- installing signage and infrastructure to enable learning.
The outdoor classroom will provide practical activities for national curriculum subjects such as History, Visual Arts, Communities and Sustainability, and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander History.
|Investment:||$ 17 500|
|Delivery organisation:||Geographe Primary School|
|Project duration:||February 2014 - October 2015|
|Location:||Geographe Primary School, Clydebank Avenue, Busselton|