13101: Healthy Habitats: conservation of biodiversity on private property
Healthy Habitats is a stewardship program developed by the Serpentine Jarrahdale Shire, in partnership with Landcare SJ, for conservation of biodiversity on private property.
The program, now in its third year, aims to protect the almost 6000ha of natural bushland and vegetated wetlands and waterways on private land in the Shire.
This project continues the work of previous projects 10068 and 12072 in which more than twenty landholders joined the program and had their properties assessed for conservation zoning.
Project activities include:
- ecological assessments of new members' properties
- annual monitoring of existing member properties
- financial and technical assistance provided to landowners for fencing, weed control and revegetation
- biannual field days for members and community, demonstrating members' management activities
- annual meeting for members to share challenges and success stories.
|Investment:||$ 30 000|
|Delivery organisation:||Shire of Serpentine Jarrahdale|
|Project duration:||January 2014 - June 2015|
|Location:||Shire of Serpentine Jarrahdale|